Friday, April 5, 2024

19 Days of Vengeance Trail - Countdown to Memphis Premiere on April 23!

I picked up 100 posters to place around town. I'm very pleased with the quality and turnaround time from 901 Print Shop



Nearby, was an RV dealer that I had frequented for a while when caring for my father-in-law's camper. I thought about the foot traffic they would get from affluent types who might like Westerns. I wrote a note on the back offering one free ticket if they would publicly display the poster. Inside, they were friendly and interested, but had to ask corporate for permission. Either way, they said they'd share it among the employees.

This got me thinking. I need to ask mom-and-pop stores to display the poster. And, if I give away a ticket for each poster, that's potentially $2000. I will save that as a backup plan and see how many store owners will display the poster for free, willingly, and how many are ruthless entrepreneurs. 

Also, if each poster leads to one ticket sale, and I post all 100, I'll quickly and hopefully need to book a second  screening time. What a good challenge that would be -- first-world-problems!

So, now to brainstorm about 90 strategic places to ask for the poster to be displayed. On the way home, I saw this Western clothing store billboard:



So, I'm brainstorming a list:
  • Western and boot clothing stores.
  • Restaurants.
  • Theater troops.
  • Stores within a mile of the theater.
  • Veterinary and animal feed stores.
  • Equestrian stables.
  • Motorcycle dealers, for those steel steed riders.
Then (NOSTALGIA ALERT) I'll plot a large loop around the county, like I used to do in Los Angeles in the 90s with a stack of headshot Lithographs, a copy of the Shoot Sheet from the Stephen J Cannel Building in Hollywood, and a Thomas Guide Street Directory. 200 miles later I would have snuck onto 5 sets and met one stunt coordinator. And the ratio of getting hired that way was one in a hundred, ish.

Ah, memory lane!

Ian Max


1 comment:

  1. Be sure to ask to display the poster at your local library or any of the branches near enough to the theater.

    ReplyDelete

Juggling a New Ball that's Not So New! Now that the extreme push for Vengeance Trail's theatrical premiere is over, not that there a...