Thursday, April 18, 2024

When Doubts Set In - Self Distribution is Sales.

(Day T-5 Count Down to Worldwide Theatrical Premiere on April 23!)

More people have told me they plan to come to the screening than have purchased tickets. We still have over 100 tickets to sell. I'm a creator, not a sales person, and this movie needs some favor.


Judi and I have plastered the town, within our budget. We've displayed the movie in about 60 establishments, some broad appeal, some more targeted to the movie. If each leads to 3 sales, we're golden, but they haven't yet. 

The mainstream news hasn't caught the buzz yet. Where else can I promote? I stopped at an art show and talked to the PBS news station that had a tent, so I'll pitch them tomorrow. There's so much to do, with an army of two, and gum on my shoe. Can I boost my confidence with Dr Seuss rhymes? Where's my copy of "Oh the Places You'll go?"

So, what do you all do when doubts set in? When you've poured hundreds of hours into a speculation and you have no idea if it will pay off, but you stubbornly believe in it. And it's next Tuesday!

People are starting to believe in it.

Yesterday, I got our first official Rotten Tomatoes review. Martin Carr believes in Vengeance Trail.


Tonight, I was interviewed by Karla Lewis for half an hour on her "Couch Convo with Coach Karla" on SPV TV Show. I've never done that. Thirty minutes is a long time to not scratch my nose, not clear my dry throat rudely, not get too tangled up in um's and uh's. Karla believes in Vengeance Trail.


It's easy to let a herculean effort like this become my source of significance. Don't let anything become an idol. I believe I'm doing the right thing, even if it's only to try make the investors some more return. I believe I am called to make movies, and movies are expensive to make, so this artist must learn how to feed himself and many others.

And I'm not doing this alone. But it is a walk of faith.

Ian Max



No comments:

Post a Comment

Juggling a New Ball that's Not So New! Now that the extreme push for Vengeance Trail's theatrical premiere is over, not that there a...