Thursday, April 13, 2023

TBT: "Run Cholo Run" Already Has Super Fans!


Every so often, I get a note from FaceBook; “Run Cholo Run has 141 new views," or. “21 others liked your page 5 days ago. I don’t pay that short film very much attention because I haven’t had much to talk about. I've been working on the feature screenplay for years and only post a vague update every few months as proof of life. I can't/shouldn't keep teasing that audience forever.

As I learn about building a niche audience for my Western and my teen thriller, I realize I already have an amazing built-in audience for "Run Cholo Run." I knew the short film had 2.2 million views with 10K subscribers, but I didn't notice the Facebook Group has grown to 6,600 followers! There's a few super fans in there, probably mostly fans of the lead actor Alex Arredondo aka Sleepy Brown of Cholo Adventures, but isn't that why you cast stars!

Every few months, I post a vague update about Tanya ChaCha Sandoval-McMahon adding authenticity from her Mexican-American sensibility. She finished her rewrite last year before I moved across country, but relocating and then the blessing of a full-time job for 5 months and juggling other projects, blah blah blah. Life is full!


How can I serve my audience? It's time to brainstorm some value I can give to the RCR fans to renew their enthusiasm. Here are some ideas:


-post bios of the 3 writers. I will see Korstiaan Vandiver in person this weekend, so we will video some BTS narrative about where the story came from.

-create a live, in-person event in Los Angeles, along with some other gang-topical short films from filmmaker friends.

-create swag and sell the posters I had printed.

-post pages of the screenplay and get feedback from those most interested. Perhaps a subscriber option.


Thoughts?


Ian



No comments:

Post a Comment

STAR in ATTENDANCE! (Day T-1 Count Down to Worldwide Theatrical Premiere on April 23!) Tomorrow's screening will be a chance for our aud...